Monday, April 18, 2011

Whitefish poached in tomato sauce with polenta


Last week we were at the co-op, and in keeping with my increasingly serious Eat Local kick, I saw some whitefish from nearby Lake Superior and decided I had to have a big fillet. Fortunately, I had also thrown some bulk cornmeal in a bag because I had been thinking it was about time I tried making homemade polenta instead of using the stuff in the plastic tube.

At home I checked out Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything to assist me with my inaugural polenta-making, and saw that he recommended serving it with Whitefish Fillets Poached in Tomato Sauce - it was my lucky day! I had the aforementioned fillet, a jar of tomatoes canned by my wife's aunt, and a few other necessary items. Half an hour later, we were enjoying some serious tastiness (excuse the non-professional food photography)!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! You've got a good thing going! I've always thought you should write about your creative food and cooking experiences. Way to go! CM

    ReplyDelete